Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Workers Comp!

So I took a fall at work on Monday. I was carrying some Christmas decorations down the stairs and thought I was on the landing but slipped on the step and twisted my ankle. The boxes went flying out of my hands. Luckily I didn't break anything in the boxes, just sprained my ankle! My boss took me to the doctor where we waited forever. They were really busy. I almost passed out twice there. The doctor laughed at me while my boss freaked out. She was so good to me. They sent me home for the rest of the day. I had to be on crutches for a couple of days. They sure do give you a good ab workout! I am doing better now. I am still in a lot of pain, but hopefully it goes away soon. Thanks to workers comp I didn't have to pay for any of it and got paid for the whole day even though I wasn't there. Of course I had to leave right in front of all the VP's of the company and they had to make fun of me, but that goes with the job. We have and awesome company. Matt has been taking good care of me.

3 comments:

carter said...

Wow! That does not sound fun! I'm glad that you are doing well now. Where do you work at?

The Jensen Family said...

Oh no I Hope you are doing better every day. I have heard crutches suck!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you got hurt, but isn't workers comp great. Hope you get feeling better soon. We need to have lunch sometime. Give me a call and we will go.