Friday, April 3, 2009

LESSONS IN LIFE!

I turned 26 on March 1st. That meant that my drivers license expired. Well of course I didn't go in until after it was expired. When I finally got to the front of the line at the DMV they informed me that my license had be suspended since 2006! What the heck! I had no idea. I had a seizure back in 2002 and lost my license for a time. I had to get a paper signed by a doctor for a couple of years to clear me to drive. Well I had always thought I was done with that because I never heard anything else about it. Turns out they sent me 2 letters in 2006 saying I needed yet another signature. I had an address on my license that I didn't use anymore. So the letters went there and never got to me. The thing that gets me is why didn't the cop that pulled me over a year ago tell me that I was suspended. HUM.....guess they don't always do their job. Well the best part of the story is that after the doctors appt. and the DVM charges I ended up forking out $200. Not fun at all. A 5 minute doctors appt. ended up costing $500. Thank goodness we have insurance. I guess I learned a lesson in all of this to keep my information updated.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh Mary, that sucks! I wonder why the cop didn't say anything. They are always looking for things that don't seem right... :o) I'm glad its all taken care of though.
Holly