Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Gifts

We have had some great things happen this week. A couple of weeks ago I found a lump in my breast. I had an ultrasound last week and they said it looks like a benign tumor, but the surgeon said we could biopsy it just to confirm that it was benign. I had a biopsy on Monday and the test came back benign. That was that only Christmas present that I needed this year! To know that I am healthy is all I need to hear. Earlier tonight there was a knock on the door, and when I answered it, our bishop was standing there with a Christmas present for us. He asked me how I was feeling and if we needed anything. (I'm guessing that my visiting teaching partner told him about my biopsy since she is in the Relief Society Presidency.) When he left, I opened the gift and it was a gift card to Walmart. I started to tear up. It was such a nice thing for the ward to do for us. This Christmas is turning out to be such a good one. My sister and brother in law were supposed to come down for the holidays but my brother in law Kasey ended up getting a job last week. We will miss them, but having a job is a much better thing to have for Christmas. Our family has been so blessed this year and we are all getting the best Christmas gifts that anyone could ever ask for. I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas!

No comments: