Thursday, January 6, 2011

Coupons

So I have started doing some couponing. (If that is a real word) I am starting to save a lot of money and build our food storage. I just started getting coupons a few months ago so I don't have a whole binder like some people do, but I am getting some really good stuff. I got these 33 items in the picture for $34. The total bill added up to $61 and then with my coupons it only cost me the $34. All the items were on sale to begin with so I don't know what my bill would have been before, but it would have been a lot more than $61. I know I'm weird, but I'm very proud of myself. :)

3 comments:

Rita Merrick said...

I started couponing a few years ago, then stopped, and have started back up again recently. It's fun but discouraging and frustrating sometimes. It takes a lot more self-restraint and tiime than I thought. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it but I'm still plugging along. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Good luck!

Cravings said...

I too started coupons a long time ago. I stopped because Albertsons went out of buisness and thats where I usually got my awesome deals. Where did you go shopping here? You got some good deals. I have the binder and everything :) ha ha.

Rita Merrick said...

In response to the question you left on my blog, there's a local site here as well that is really good and tracks all the store deals, it's just hard to drag all 3kids to each store and try to get there before the items on sale run out. I've mostly turned to price matching at Walmart and I've scaled down big-time from the couponing I used to do. I try to REALLY only buy the things I know we'll use. I think a mistake I made last time was that I was greedy and bought everything that was cheap, even things I didn't necessarily use or products I didn't like. I wasn't saving much money and I was running my self into the ground. I think it's a great thing, but I think it can easily turn into a vice. I'm sure you're not as silly as I was about it though. :)