Sunday, April 1, 2012

Allie's First Surgery

Back in February, Allie had her first surgery. She was born with clogged tear ducts, so we went up to Primary Children's Hospital for her to get them fixed. I had this done when I was a baby also. She didn't know what was going on that day, and she had a hard time when we got up there. She was tired and hungry and didn't want the nurses to touch her. They gave her some drugs to relax her, which ended up being nice before she went in because she was calm, but the side affect was that she would be irritable when she woke back up. We were pretty entertained by her while she was on the relaxant. The surgery lasted about 20 minutes, when they woke her up she was flipping out. I could hear her crying even before I walked in the recovery room. Once they moved her to post-opp and took her IV out, she calmed down. She was so brave that day, and so were Matt and I! Her surgery went great and she hasn't had any more eye infections since. We are so glad we don't have to worry about it anymore.


Such a sweet little girl.




Allie on drugs!


Leaving the hospital.

No comments: