Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another Hospital Visit

I got to have my first colonoscopy and throat scope today. So fun!

I went to a doctor over a month ago and he told me that I have IBS. I have had about half a dozen doctors tell me that's what I have without even checking me out. When I left the office I felt very frustrated. The next 5 days after the visit I was really sick and throwing up everything I ate. My mom told me that I needed a 2nd opinion, so I called my doctor who found my gallblader and thyroid problems. I got right into him and he has been running several tests on me. He told me that he likes to rule everything else out before he diagnoses you with IBS.

The colonoscopy and scope showed that everything is fine. The doctor did say that my stomach is inflamed and that's why I get nauseous and vomit, and have acid reflux. He gave me a stronger medicine to control it. He says that the abdominal pain probably is IBS. I felt really good today knowing that nothing is wrong and that I have a doctor who actually cares to check things out.

The past month I have been changing my diet and watching what I eat and that totally seems to help. I've been off soda and try to cut down on dairy. They told me dairy can irritate it. I just hope that I can control my stomach pains now. I am just so happy that I don't have any ulcers or anything else wrong.

1 comment:

Kelly Robinson said...

I am glad you got some answers I know how frusterating it can be I am off to my 5th doctor today to try and get some answers.